At yesterday’s AIGA Morning Blend, which happens to be my monthly fix of creative interaction, we shared the handy apps that rock both our work and after-work worlds.
Apps for freelance designers
- WhatTheFont lets you whip out your phone, snap a picture of type, and identify it in seconds!
- Tired of hauling around a Pantone swatchbook? myPantone compacts it nicely onto your phone for color verification anytime, anywhere.
- A while ago I joined Pinterest for its home decor and photography. Ah, but it’s so much more. It could easily serve for project previewing, sharing or inspiration.
- My prehistoric pen and planner have always been tried and true. But Action Method comes highly recommended as a time management tool—I just might give it a try.
Apps for full-time fun
- Shopping, shopping—oh, so fun. Now it can be economical as well with PriceBlink’s comparative pricing and coupons.
- I love YOGAmazing. Daily 30-minutes sessions of manageable yoga—Chaz, bring it on!
- Share your life. Share your photos. Instagram makes it easy as one, two, three…cheeeze!
- Are you a health nut? Instant Heartrate monitors your heartbeat in seconds with the touch of a finger.
And, of course, we can’t leave off this fun C-Section Comics. Where do you fit? Do you have a favorite app?