I’m proud to announce that earlier this year I became certified as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) through the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). This means a lot to me. And this month, as we celebrate National Women’s Small Business Month, I’m giving a loud shout out to the accomplishments of female entrepreneurs.
- The U.S. now has 12.3 million women-owned businesses.
- Women-owned businesses generate $1.8 trillion annually into our U.S. economy.
- Women-owned businesses deliver a higher revenue per dollar invested.
- Women have faced disproportionately greater COVID challenges, both in their business and personal lives. Yet they persevere.
- Women entrepreneurs are more likely to start businesses that benefit society above themselves.
That said, I’d also like to give shout out to the upcoming WFAN Annual Conference by the Women Food & Ag Network. I’ll be giving a workshop on creating a media kit that brings publicity to your farm. You don’t have to be a farm business to benefit from this one. And you don’t have to be a woman (my husband attended last year’s conference—he’s a real man and he’s a keeper :-).
Have a good one, folks. And support women-owned businesses!