This, my first day back to work in the New Year, is always one of my favorites. I’ve got a new calendar all ready to go, the sun is shining, and I’m absolutely full of anticipation.
Don’t get me wrong, I had a wonderful holiday season. Here’s a quick recap.
For the Memory Bank
- My husband and I always take vacation from Christmas to New Years. This year the holidays fell in such a way that we added a couple days on either side, making for a glorious two full weeks.
- When politics threatened to invade my holidays, I deemed them Facebook-free. With the exception of tending my social media client’s weekly post, I truly enjoyed staying clear of the chaos.
- The food! Need I say more?
- We relished precious time with friends and family. From intimate, small get-togethers to raucous, large gatherings, we banked a load of fun memories.
- I read for pleasure! Including three books; The Dutch House, The Last Romantics, and She Said.
- The weather, oh, my goodness. We may have had snow for Halloween, but we had mid-50s for Christmas. Unseasonable, yes. Nice, oh, yes! One day I hiked through Lapham Peak State Park and even the monotones were beautiful—there are still leaves on some of the trees!
Our holidays finalized the decade in such a blessed way. And now, I’m ready to move on to 2020. Life is an adventure, is it not?!
- Fifteen years! I can hardly believe it. I’m anticipating an interesting pipeline for 2020.
- Looking for a 90-day Flourishing challenge? It doesn’t start until Jaunary 13, so you’ve got a week to get ready. Check it out here (the video comes out on Tuesday—well worth the wait).
- I’m starting the year with two website projects; Hymns in My Heart and The Real Estate Duo. Very different projects, both very meaningful.
- Snow! As comfortable as 50 degrees in January is, I’m a winter outdoor enthusiast. My snowshoes await, so bring on the white stuff!
- The Practical Farmers of Iowa Conference is in two weeks! I’m honored to be presenting “Marketing Your Uniqueness.”
- Resolutions? Well, you know how those go. Nonetheless, I’m hoping to continue reading more books and less Facebook.
- I’m learning something new: Video. It’s about time, right? I’ve specialized on words and design, but sometimes you have to step out of your box. Especially when clients are asking!
- Last, and certainly most exciting…Today, yes, TODAY, I’m awaiting a new grandbaby! Needless to say, anticipation abounds. Please, please, please, take a minute for a prayer!
Happy 2020 everyone! May it be blessed!