I used to raise Corriedale sheep and at this time of year I really get to missing them. I miss being a farmer, albeit a pretend one, and I miss the nurturing coo a mama ewe gurgles over her new lamb.
Now, ten years into self-employment, let’s say I’m a farmer of a different kind—one of design and words. For farmers. This is fun too. Especially because I come across so many interesting people and places.
Here on the web:
- Today is National Agriculture Day and we celebrate those who provide us our abundance of food
- March is also Women’s History Month—even in agriculture, women’s contributions have been invaluable
- I’m starting a new project for Soil Sisters, a celebration of Wisconsin’s women-owned farms
- FarmHer—love, love, love what this photographer is doing
- Empowering women in ag: “When women flourish, families and communities do too”
- From farm to table, Food Justice Certified keeps everyone in check because, in our hearts, we do want fairness for all
- Written by the same woman who directs Food Justice Certified, this book helps Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) achieve economic viability
Happy Ag Day! Thanks to our farmers!