I just came home from a morning yoga class. Ah, there’s nothing like an hour of sun salutations with friends to chase away the winter blahs. I’m energized. I’m motivated. I’m itching to do something constructive with January instead of watching it blow by from under my quilt.
In yoga we’re reminded to ground our feet deeply before rising our arms toward the sky. As my teacher Sunshine says, we must set our roots before we can grow. How applicable that is, especially while our New Year’s sense of renewal still lingers. Even if nothing’s growing outside, I’m using this month for personal growth, as in learning new things. And I’m using online education as roots for that growth.
Here’s what I’ve been clicking into this month for some great coaching and tutorials. They’re free. I listen to them while I work. There are no excuses!
- CreativeLive offers a full calendar of online speakers and tutorials for creatives. Next week there’s Command the Fees You Deserve, with Ilise Benun or The Personal MBA: with Josh Kaufman. And many more.
- Farm Marketing Solutions: A podcast series where farmers talk shop. Slow food farmers, that is.
- The Daily Boost: Motivation for life, career and goal setting.
- Time of Grace: A great devotional that’s always timely and spot on.
- Introvert Entrepreneur: Labels like introvert aren’t productive, but here are interviews of business owners and how they got where they are.