My seasonal life used to be ruled by the school year—my own school days, my children’s school days and then my previous job in a parochial school. I have to admit now that the kids are grown and I’m self-employed, the idea that summer isn’t necessarily over brings a bit of smugness to my Septembers.
Aren’t these peaches beautiful? They’re one of many food things I’m working on these days, along with writing, designing and enjoying this delightful season.
Here are more beautiful things I’ve run across lately:
- Next year’s excess peaches will go for this: Peach-infused vinegar.
- A documentary I really want to see.
- A video you should see.
- Orderliness is next to godliness, isn’t that what they say? Maybe this will help.
- I have loads of butternut squash and pie pumpkins in my garden. This fall I want to make pumpkin butter and pumpkin turnovers;
- Or maybe do a branding campaign as cool as Tyranena’s Painted Ladies Pumpkin Spice.
- And this winter I want to do more knitting. Like these pretty slippers.