In June two things grow wild along Wisconsin country roads—pretty daisies and tasty asparagus. The asparagus must really be good because on given day you’ll see cars stopped and people out searching through the tall grasses.
Here on our little farm, we have a cultivated asparagus patch that’s mighty fine as well. In fact, tonight we just pickled and canned our second jar. And so the garden harvest officially begins!
What a glorious time of year!
- If I had a lot of money I’d buy this basket for harvesting (oh, excuse me, it’s called a trug)
- Or maybe these herb markers
- Houzz is as addicting as Pinterest. These gardening shots are green thumb wanna-be makers, for sure!
- Here’s an herb farm I want to visit
- Ongoing organic farming classes at the Environemental Institute, especially for women—too bad the locale is too far away for me