Here’s where I like to work in early summer mornings. It’s my front porch and the view is stunning. I can do this because 1) I’m self-employed and 2) today’s technology.
Actually, there’s never been a better time to be self-employed. While technology is certainly a major factor, it’s only one of many. Here are several articles on the subject—be careful, they may be just the persuasion you need to hang your own shingle!
- Freelancing has become today’s Industrial Revolution
- Not a restaurant supper club, but a club supper club
- Six companies born during bad economies
- How to work from a coffee shop
- Boring (sort of) but necessary knowledge for the self-employed
- From the seasoned to the raw: Advice for New Freelancers
- Social funding: the new way to finance your business
Need help branding your new business? Drop me a line!